Friday, November 9, 2007

News on the Web

I usually get the news from AOL or Yahoo News while I’m on the internet throughout the day and if I have time, I like to watch the Today Show in the morning while I’m getting ready and doing stuff around my room. This week our Professor asked us to check out NewYorkTimes.com and BBC.com.

On NewYorkTimes.com I really enjoyed the Style, Arts and Travel sections. I never realized that the New York Times would have so many articles I would be interested. The Travel section was especially great. Not only do they have travel articles but there is also a section for you to “Book Your Trip.” With the help of Expedia.com you can search for flights, hotels, cruises and cars right on the New York Times website. You can also search for articles for where you are headed. It has recommendations for places to stay, eat, what to do, and even the best time to go based on readers recommendations. This section has a lot of valuable information for when you are planning your next trip.

BBC.com was much different from the other news sights I have been on. This news sight is focused more on the world. You have two options, either the International Version or the UK Version. People from all over the world can find news on BBC.com. There are 33 different languages that you can read in. There’s even a section to help people learn English. I would definitely recommend everyone check out these news sights if you haven’t before.

~Dana

No comments: