Wednesday, August 29, 2007

High End Fashion-Vera Wang!





In our RCS 362 class we have been talking about Vera Wang and how she is trying to expand into a more global market. On Tuesday, we listened to a radio talk show, called High-End Fashion Names at a Low-End Price. On the talk show, they talked about Vera Wang coming to Kohl’s and why. Before I listened to the show I felt that Vera Wang would not be as successful as she thought. I think that Kohl’s is a place were people shop to find inexpensive clothing. Being said, a lot of people may not even know who Vera Wang is- or would even care. After class, I remember going up to a friend and asking if they heard that Vera Wang was going to Kohl’s. They said, “Are you serious, Vera Wang? At Kohl’s?” I remember the person telling me that they were not going to buy Vera Wang anymore, because they were afraid that people were going to associate that with lower end items.

But now, after thinking about it, I feel it might be a great way for people to get a really high end brand without spending over $100.

2 comments:

Professor Sanghvi said...

check out the following blogs and tell me what you think about their post on vera wang.

http://cars2009.blogspot.com/
http://rcs362.blogspot.com/

Elizabeth and Dana said...

Ok, after looking at the other web pages- I think that most people thought that Vera Wang will not be as effective at Kohl's. However, I am starting to change my mind each day. I think that more people will be willing to stop at Kohl's and see the line of Vera Wang. Even if people do not want to buy Vera Wang's clothes- and just look at them- then it is still wonderful for Kohl's - because they are bring in new customers. and maybe someone will find something else in Kohls and want to shop there.
Elizabeth